SAL IS OPEN DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The SAL is open to serve your research needs. Members can access instruments, or have their samples analyzed.
New safety protocols in place: masks are required, social distancing in place, and sanitization of lab and equipment is regularly performed.
SAL staff will work with you and address your concerns regarding safety operations within the lab.
For more details, please contact: Brian Van Devener (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are pleased to announce new reduced rates on the following instruments in the SAL:
Quanta SEM - $40/hr(prev. $42/hr)
Bruker AFM - $25/hr(prev. $29/hr)
These are on-campus academic rates. Off-campus academic rates and industry rates are 52.5% and 2x higher respectively.
In addition, we now offer a special overnight rate for automated runs on the Nanoindenter.
For details, please contact: Brian Van Devener (email@example.com)
Thank you all for your continued support of the facility during these unprecedented times. We hope that these new lower rates serve you well and help support your research.
Stay healthy, stay safe.
- Advanced Materials
- Alternative Energy
- Automotives & Robotics
- Composite Materials
- Environmental Science
- Medical and Dental Devices
- Mining & Drilling
- Nanomaterials and Nanoparticulate Research
- Personalized Medicine
- Semiconductor Manufacuring
- Strategic Defense
- Multi-scale Correlative Analytical Microscopy (Optical and SEM imaging)
- Imaging from cm to nm scale
- Elemental and Chemical analysis
- Environmental (in-situ) imaging from nm - um scale (liquid phase, gas phase, electrochemistry)
- 3D topographic and tomographic imaging
- Thin film characterization,morphology, preferred grain orientation, microstructure, thickness, n&k, hardness, elasticity
- Full suite of sample prep tools: cutting, polishing, ion milling, sputter coating