The Quanta 600F is the most versatile medium-to-high resolution scanning electron microscope (SEM) in the lab, using a high resolution field-emission (FEG) electron source and offering ESEM – environmental SEM - in up to 1 Torr of water vapor to prevent sample dehydration.
This instrument was purchased through the generous support from the Office of the Vice-President for Research in conjunction with USTAR, with the EBSD and complementary EDS system provided through the generous donation of George and Linda Caine.
Imaging and Analytical Modes
- High Vacuum, high resolution
- Low vacuum, non-conducting samples
- Environmental, wet samples
- Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) using EDAX Octane Elect SDD
- Crystal Orientation Imaging Microscopy via EBSD
Uses and Applications
- High-resolution imaging ~20 nm resolution for conductive materials
- Imaging of large (~6 inch in diameter) samples without sectioning
- Elemental contrast using backscatter electron imaging
- Imaging of non-conductive materials i.e., ceramics, polymers and biological samples, without the aid of conductive coating
- Imaging of wet samples using environmental mode
- Voltage contrast imaging
- Elemental mapping and semi-quantitative compositional analysis using energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS)
- Automated particle morphology and elemental analysis using EDS
- Grain analysis (grain size, orientation and texture) using electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD)
|HOURLY RATES||CONTACT US FOR RESERVATIONS:|
|On Campus Users:||$42.00||Dr. Paulo Perez|
|Off Campus Academic Users||$64.00||Lab: 801-587-3108|
|Industry Rate||$84.00||Office: 801-581-6855|
|Industry Expedite Rate||$252.00|
Caldwell, R.; Street, M.G.; Sharma, R.; Takmakov, P.; Baker, B.; Rieth, L.
Characterization of Parylene-C Degradation Mechanisms: In Vitro Reactive Accelerated Aging Model Compared to Multiyear In Vivo Implantation
Biomaterials 2020, 232, 119731(1-17)
Kouraytem, N.; Chanut, R.A.; Watring, D.S.; Loveless, T.; Varga, J.; Spear, A.D.; Kingstedt, O.T.
Dynamic-Loading Behavior and Anisotropic Deformation of Pre- and Post-Heat-Treated IN718 Fabricated by Laser Powder Bed Fusion
Addit. Manuf. 2020, 33, 101083
Mohammadpour, R.; Yazdimamaghani, M.; Cheney, D.L.; Jedrzkiewicz, J.; Ghandehari, H.
Subchronic Toxicity of Silica Nanoparticles as a Function of Size and Porosity
J. Control. Release 2019, 304, 216-232